Skip to content
Leek Potato & Thyme Frittata
Recipes - Cooking
Leek Potato & Thyme Frittata - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter (or margarine, for vegan alternative)
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs lemon thyme, leaves picked
- 1 large potato, peeled, cut into 0.5-1cm pieces
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- shredded vegan cheese
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ (add 500ml water and 5tsp oil)
- Rocket (optional), to serve
- Char grilled vegetables (optional), to serve
Spring Onion Dressing
- 2 spring onions, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- To make spring onion dressing, process all the ingredients in a food processor until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F. Melt half the butter (or margarine) in a 17cm ovenproof frying pan (bigger pan possible with shorter baking time) over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins or until leeks are soft.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a separate frying pan over medium–high heat. Add thyme and potato, and cook, turning, for 5 minsor until golden. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes and drain on paper towel. Add half the potato mixture to the leek mixture and season.
- Place parsley, cheese and Easy Egg mixture in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour egg mixture over leek mixture in ovenproof frying pan and stir gently to combine. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 15 mins or until frittata is firm but still slightly wobbly in the centre (it will continue to cook).
- Scatter with reserved potatoes and rocket, if using. Drizzle with a little spring onion dressing and serve with remaining dressing and char grilled vegetables, if using.