Skip to content
Chocolate & Vanilla Layered Cheesecake
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Chocolate & Vanilla Layered Cheesecake - ORGRAN Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Outback Animals Chocolate Cookies
- butter, melted (or margarine, for vegan alternative)
- dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 teaspoons gelatine powder (or 2 gelatine leaves)
- cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300 millilitres thickened cream
- 3 drop yellow liquid food colouring
- 4 drop red liquid food colouring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or 3 teaspoon vanilla essence)
- Grease and line the base and side of a 20cm round (base measurement) spring-form pan with baking paper.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Spread and press mixture firmly over the base. Place in fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Soak gelatin leaves in a bowl of cold water for 5 mins. Then squeeze excess water from gelatin.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the cream and beat until smooth. Add the gelatine and stir until well combined.
- Add one-third of the cream cheese mixture to the dark chocolate and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer for 15 mins or until the surface is set.
- Add half the remaining cream cheese mixture with a couple of drops of yellow and red food colouring to tint the mixture orange. Stir to combine. Pour over the chocolate mixture and smooth the surface. Return to the freezer for a further 15 mins.
- Add the vanilla bean paste or vanilla essence to the remaining cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Pour over the orange layer and smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or until set.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate. Decorate with grated chocolate to serve.