Skip to content
Lamb with Caramelised Onions, Potato & Asparagus
Recipes - Cooking
Lamb with Caramelised Onions, Potato & Asparagus - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Meat Ingredients -
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- lamb loin (allow approx. 200g per person)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Caramelised Onion Ingredients -
- 4 medium-sized red onions
- 2 tablespoons butter (or low fat margarine)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white Balsamic vinegar
- Asparagus Ingredients -
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears
- Steamed Potatoes Ingredients-
- 8 small potatoes
- Additional Ingredients for Assembling Meal -
- crumbled fetta, for serving
- watercress, for serving
- Meat Method -
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Place garlic, rosemary, thyme and ORGRAN flour into a small bowl. Mix well. Rub coating over meat.
- 4. Pour oil into a large frying pan. Heat over a gentle heat. Add meat and sear (brown) on all sides. Transfer meat and pan drippings to prepared baking dish.
- 5. Place into a moderately-hot oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 160°C (325°F) and bake for a further 20 minutes or until cooked as desired (rare, medium or well done).
- 6. When cooked remove from oven. Wrap meat in foil and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Caramelised Onion Method -
- 1. Peel and finely slice onions.
- 2. Place butter (or margarine) into a small frying pan. Add onion and sauté (lightly fry).
- 3. Add brown sugar and vinegar to pan. Cook until onion is well caramelised.
- 4. Reduce heat and keep warm for serving.
- Asparagus Method -
- 1. Pour a quantity of boiling water into a heatproof-bowl. Add asparagus spears to water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and discard water.
- 2. Plunge straight into very cold water for 2 minutes. This will allow the asparagus to retain its brilliant colour.
- 3. Drain asparagus and set aside.
- Steamed Potatoes Method -
- 1. Wash potatoes.
- 2. Place potatoes into a vegetable steamer. Steam until potatoes are just tender.
- Assemble Method -
- 1. Pour a quantity of boiling water into a heatproof-bowl. Add asparagus spears to water. Let stand for 2 minutes to re-warm asparagus. Drain and discard water.
- 2. Slice meat and arrange on serving plates.
- 3. Cut potatoes in half for serving and arrange on serving plates.
- 4. Place asparagus spears onto serving plates.
- 5. Top with caramelized onion, crumbled fetta and watercress.