Skip to content
Lamb & Vegetable Pies
Recipes - Cooking
Lamb & Vegetable Pies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 large potatoes (approx. 660g)
- 1 egg (or 1 tsp ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia™ Cream for Cooking
- salt and pepper, for mashing potatoes
- 1 large eggplant (approx. 500g)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (approx. 200g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, (approx. 300g)
- 2 zucchini (approx. 150g)
- 1 x 800g (1½ lb.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN Gravy Mix
- minced lamb
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1. Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces. Place into a large saucepan. Cover with boiling water. Cook until potato is soft. When potato is cooked, drain and discard liquid. Mash well. Place egg into a small bowl. (Alternatively, use ORGRAN No Egg, Egg Replacer as per packet instructions). Pour in water. Whisk egg well. Pour egg into mashed potato. Add cooking cream, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine ingredients. Set aside.
- 2. Cut eggplant into 7mm (¼”)slices.
- 3. Pour 5 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan. Heat over a gentle heat. Add eggplant slices. Cook on one side for about 5 minutes. Turn and cook on other side. It may be necessary to add a little more olive oil during cooking.
- 4. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 5. Peel and finely chop onion.
- 6. Peel and crush garlic.
- 7. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté (lightly fry). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 8. Peel and finely dice carrots.
- 9. Peel and finely dice zucchini.
- 10. Put onion, garlic, carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, ORGRAN gravy mix, meat, parsley, salt and pepper, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce into large frying pan. Cook over a gentle heat until meat and vegetables are cooked, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 11. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F). Prepare 6 x 12cm (6\" x 4½”) ovenproof ramekins by spraying with cooking spray.
- 12. Put 1 slice of eggplant into the bottom of each ramekin. Put in about 2 tablespoons meat mixture on top of eggplant. Put in another slice of eggplant and another layer of meat mixture.
- 13. Spread or pipe mashed potato over top of meat.
- 14. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 30 minutes or until heated through.