Kookoo (potato omelettes)
Recipes - Cooking
Kookoo (potato omelettes) - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- potatoes, unpeeled
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ (50g powder + 320ml water + 2.5tsp oil)
- 1/2 onion, coarsely grated
- 1/8 cup continental parsley, chopped
- 1/8 cup chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- Greek-style natural yoghurt
Vegetable Shirazi Salad
- 1 small Lebanese cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1/2 large vine-ripened tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon mint, dried
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water over high heat for 20 mins or until soft. Drain. Set aside to cool. Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes into a bowl.
- Meanwhile, to make the vegetable shirazi salad, combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, oil, lime juice and mint in a bowl.
- Whisk ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ mixture in a bowl. Stir in the onion, parsley, chive, turmeric and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potato until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Drop 1/4-cupful measures of potato mixture into pan. Cook for 3-5 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Cover with foil. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Top with the yoghurt and shirazi salad.
Follow us on social media