Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Jam Roll - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 large eggs
- caster sugar
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- gluten free corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- caster sugar, extra for rolling
- jam, to fill roll
- 1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- 2. Prepare a 25cm x 23cm (10" x 9") jam roll tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Break eggs into the large bowl of an electric food mixer. Add sugar. Beat for 10 minutes.
- 4. While eggs are beating, sift gluten free flour, corn flour and baking powder. Lightly fold into beaten eggs.
- 5. Pour milk into a small saucepan. Heat over a gentle heat. Add butter and heat until butter is melted. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour milk into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Add butter and continue to microwave on high for a further 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla.
- 6. Pour liquid into cake mixture and lightly stir.
- 7. Pour mixture into prepared tray.
- 8. Place into a moderately hot oven and bake for approximately 12 minutes or until cooked when tested. DO NOT open the oven door before 12 minutes or cake will sink.
- 9. While cake is cooking, prepare surface for rolling.
- 10. Place a damp teatowel on a flat surface.
- 11. Put a sheet on baking paper onto damp teatowel. Sprinkle caster sugar over paper.
- 12. When cake is cooked, remove from oven and leave in tray for 2 minutes.
- 13. Gently release cake from tray and turn out onto caster sugar on prepared surface.
- 14. Immediately roll up along the paper from the short end.
- 15. Leave rolled up until cool.
- 16. When cold, unroll and discard paper.
- 17. Spread jam over cake.
- 18. Roll up again.
- 19. Trim ends with a sharp knife.