Heavenly Healthy Corn Fritters
Recipes - Cooking
Heavenly Healthy Corn Fritters - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 medium red capsicum
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ large red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped flat-leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- can corn kernels, drained
- ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™ (add 250ml water and 2.5tsp oil)
- 4 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander leaves, dried
- milk (or rice milk, for vegan alternative)
- 2 cups mixed salad leaves
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400F. Line a baking tray with foil.
- Place the capsicum on tray and cook until the skin blisters, then put into a plastic bag. Stand for 5 mins. Peel away the skin and finely chop.
- Combine the capsicums, vinegar, half of the onion, half the parsley and ½ tbsp olive oil in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine corn kernels, egg Mixture, flour, coriander, milk, remaining chopped onion and leftover parsley in a medium bowl. Then season mixture with cracked black pepper and salt.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Then spoon 1/4 cupfuls of fritter batter into pan. Cook fritters for 4-5 mins each side, or until they are golden. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
- Serve with capsicum relish and salad.
Follow us on social media