Skip to content
Hawaiian Loco Moco
Recipes - Cooking
Hawaiian Loco Moco - ORGRAN Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt
- grass fed lean ground beef mince
- 1 egg, beaten (ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN Premium Breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ORGRAN Vegetable Gravy
- 280 milligrams cold water
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- green onions, sliced on an angle to serve
- In a deep pot with a lid add the olive oil and saute the onion and rice over a low heat. Bring kettle to boil and once rice has been coated with oil, pour boiling water into pot. Stir once and return to boil. Season. Reduce heat and allow to simmer, cover and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the water. Rice should be studded with steam holes when ready. Fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients and form into 6 large patties. Heat BBQ or grill and cook each patty approximately 4-5 mins each side or until cooked through but still slightly pink. Do not over cook as the lean beef will become tough. Remove from heat, cover with foil and allow to sit while you make the gravy and eggs.
- Combine gravy powder and water in a pot until powder has dissolved. Place over heat and continuously stir until simmering slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Heat frying pan with olive oil over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan with olive oil. Once egg starts to turn white, reduce heat and cover with lid until all white has set.
- To serve, place a large serving spoon size of rice onto a plate, top with the beef patty, then gravy and finally the fried egg. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh green onions and optional hot sauce. Enjoy x