Skip to content
Ham and Cheese Quiche
Recipes - Cooking
Ham and Cheese Quiche - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup ORGRAN Multigrain Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Pastry Mix
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN Gluten Free Gluten Substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- butter (or low fat margarine)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- shredded ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 8 eggs
- pouring cream
- 1 cup milk (or non dairy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a 23cm (9”) deep quiche dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Sift ORGRAN flour, pastry mix, ORGRAN GfG gluten substitute and baking powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 4. Rub butter into dry ingredients with the tips of the fingers until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. This process may be done using an electric food processor.
- 5. Pour water and lemon juice into a jug. Add egg yolks and mix well. Pour into flour mixture and mix to a firm dough.
- 6. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead lightly.
- 7. Roll dough to 0.5 cm (¼”) thickness. Line base and sides of quiche dish.
- 8. Prepare Filling.
- 1. Spread ham over base of ORGRAN pastry in quiche dish.
- 2. Spread shallots over ham.
- 3. Sprinkle cheese over shallots.
- 4. Break eggs into the bowl of an electric blender.
- 5. Add cream, milk, cayenne pepper and mustard. Blend well.
- 6. Carefully pour into quiche dish.
- 7. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 55 minutes or until golden brown and cooked in the centre.
- 8. Serve warm or cold with salad.