Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Grissini - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- pinch salt, as desired
- 155 millilitres warm water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white, for glazing
- 1 teaspoon water, for glazing
- sesame seeds, to sprinkle on bread sticks
- 1. Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- 2. Prepare a large flat baking tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Place bread mix, salt, water, egg and olive oil into the large bowl of a heavy duty food mixer. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 4. Shape small portions of dough into a thin sausage approx. 15cm (6”) long. Shape as desired.
- Place onto prepared tray.
- 5. Place egg white into a small bowl. Add water and lightly beat.
- 6. Brush surface of bread sticks with egg white. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 7. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 25 minutes.
- 8. When cooked remove from oven and leave on tray for 5 minutes before placing onto a fine wire rack.
- These are best eaten the day they are made as they will lose their crispness, however they can be re-crisped the next day by placing into a moderately-hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Do not overlap bread sticks on tray.
- When breadsticks are crisp they can be used for a wider variety of uses.