Skip to content
Greek Chickpea Patties
Recipes - Cooking
Greek Chickpea Patties - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1 medium tomato, skin peeled
- 1 egg whisked or ORGRAN egg replacer
- 1 tbs ORGRAN Corn Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbs ORGRAN Plain Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Olive oil for frying
- 1. Pulse the chickpeas, parsley, mint and onion in food processor for a few second then add the tomato and pulse until combined and broken down.
- 2. Transfer to a bowl and add egg, corn breadcrumbs, plain flour and all seasoning.
- 3. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- 4. Using a teaspoon and hands, form mixture into walnut size balls and then flatten them into fat patties (you may need to dip hand into a bowl of water to assist with sticky mixture). Place onto baking paper.
- 5. Heat olive oil in pan or skillet and fry for 3 minutes each side on medium heat or until golden.
- 6. Transfer to kitchen paper to absorb excess oil before serving.
- 7. Serve warm or cold with a fresh greek salad, mint leaves and some garlic dip.
- Recipe and photography provided by @feelgoodfoodie.au