Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Fruit Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 3/4 cups OGRRAN Self Raising Flour (235g)
- butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (115g)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (180g)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F)
- Grease 20cm (8") cake tin and line with baking paper
- 1. Place mixed fruit, butter, brown sugar, mixed spice and orange juice in a large saucepan.
- 2. Bring to the boil and stir occasionally.
- 3. Boil for 4 minutes and leave to cool.
- 4. Using spoon (wooden spoon), beat egg, flour, and baking powder until combined.
- 5. Combine egg mixture with slightly cooled mixed fruit, then spoon the combined mixture into prepared cake tin.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
- 7. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before transferring onto cooling rack.