Skip to content
Fresh Pear & Sultana Loaf Cake
Recipes - Baking
Fresh Pear & Sultana Loaf Cake - Orgran Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 3 eggs (or equivalent ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, for vegan option)
- 3 large pears
- dates, seeds removed
- almond meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven 170°C fan forced. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Peel and dice 2 ½ of the pears, whilst leaving ½ a pear to cut into slices for decorating the top of the loaf (as seen in photo).
- In a pan, add the coconut oil and diced pears. Over a medium heat, simmer for 3 mins. Take off heat and allow to cool.
- In a food processor (or thermomix), add the dates and pulse until chopped. Then add the almond meal and self-raising flour and pulse until just combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the eggs or egg replacer and vinegar. Whisk. Then fold in the date and flour mixture, the coconut/pear mixture, the sultanas, maple syrup and spices. Combine well.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and decorate with slices of pear.
- Bake for 40 mins or until cooked though. Do not over cook as will dry. Allow cooling in pan for 15 mins before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy.