Skip to content
Recipes - Baking, Biscuits
Florentines - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup slivered almond
- 1 cup ORGRAN Multigrain O’s with Quinoa, cereal
- 1 cup ORGRAN Itsy Bitsy Cocoa O’s, cereal
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup red glacé cherries, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- dark chocolate melts
- Tip - Take care not to overcook the Florentines.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 1. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper. Spray baking paper with cooking spray.
- 2. Spread almond slivers over one prepared tray. Place into a moderately hot oven and bake for approx. 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 3. Place quinoa O’s and cocoa O’s into the bowl of a blender or food processor. Finely chop, but do not make into a fine powder. Place into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in toasted almond slivers. Add sultanas and cherries. Mix to combine ingredients.
- 4. Measure condensed milk into a small jug. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. This will make it easier to mix into dry ingredients. Stir vanilla into condensed milk.
- 5. Add condensed milk to ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir well to combine ingredients.
- 6. Place tablespoons of mixture onto prepared trays.
- 7. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Take care not to overcook.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave on trays for 2 minutes. Loosen and leave on trays to cool.
- 9. While biscuits are cooling, place chocolate into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-low for 30-second intervals and stir, until chocolate is melted.
- 10. Pour melted chocolate into a disposable piping bag. Pipe chocolate on top of Florentines. Leave on tray until chocolate is set.