Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Fish Soup - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 1/2 litres fish stock (this can be made ahead of time by boiling fish in water and discarding fish. Alternatively vegetable stock can be used.)
- fish, of your choice
- brown onion (approx. 1 large onion)
- carrot (approx. 2 large carrots)
- pumpkin (approx. ½ butternut pumpkin)
- 2 stalks celery
- can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chilli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- pk ORGRAN Crouton of Choice
- 1. Pour stock into a large saucepan. Add fish. Cook until fish is soft.
- 2. When fish is cooked, remove from saucepan. Remove skin and bones from flesh. Return flesh to stock in saucepan.
- 3. Peel and chop onion into small dice. Add to saucepan.
- 4. Peel and chop carrot into small dice. Add to saucepan.
- 5. Peel and finely dice pumpkin. Add to saucepan.
- 6. Finely dice celery. Add to saucepan.
- 7. Add tomato paste to saucepan and fry off for 2 minutes.
- 8. Add tomatoes to saucepan.
- 9. Add coriander, oregano, sage and chilli to saucepan.
- 10. Peel and crush garlic. Add to saucepan.
- 11. Add basil leaves and bay leaves.
- 12. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- 13. Stir to combine ingredients.
- 14. Cook over a gentle heat for approx. 60 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- 15. When cooked, remove bay leaves before serving. Top with ORGRAN Crouton of choice