Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Fruit Loaf - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- mixed dried fruit
- pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup of either - brandy, whisky or orange juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- Combine fruits and nuts together with spirit or orange juice. Stand for 3 hours, but best if left overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Grease a deep large loaf tin and line base with baking paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Fold in flour, almond meal, mixed spice and bicarbonate soda. Add the fruit and nut mix.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and smooth top.
- Bake for 70 minutes. Test with a skewer.
- Allow loaf to rest in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Serve on its own, or with a little butter.