Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Doughnuts - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- mashed potato
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- margarine, melted
- oil for frying
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Peel potatoes and then boil till soft.
- Mash boiled potato with margarine. Add flour and salt and mix well. Add egg mix well to form soft dough.
- Roll dough into 5mm thickness. Cut circles with an 7.5cm round cutter and remove centre with a 4cm round cutter.
- Place circles on floured baking tray. Cover with tea towel and leave in warm place to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a seperate bowl.
- Deep fry at low-medium for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Drain doughnuts over the oil and then place into the bowl of sugar and cinnamon and coat each side until covered.