Skip to content
Doughnut Fingers with Roasted Chestnuts
Recipes - Cooking
Doughnut Fingers with Roasted Chestnuts - ORGRAN Health and Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butternut pumpkin, cubed
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- ORGRAN Gluten Free Gluten Substitute
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer (+ 2 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, for dusting counter
- chestnut or any preferred nut (may require more)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- icing sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 50 -100 g vegetable margarine
- First, bake the pumpkin for an hour at 190°C until soft but not overly browned.
- Once baked, take the hot pumpkin and place it in a bowl and mash it well. Lumpy pumpkin means a lumpy mix.
- Whilst the mash is still hot add the mixture of flour and the ORGRAN Egg Replacer (prepared according to packet instructions), mix to combine.
- Knead the dough. If necessary, add a more flour until it becomes workable and dough like.
- Wrap in in cling film and let it rest on a counter.
- First boil chestnuts. Peel the chestnuts and crush them with your fingers into small pieces.
- Melt the margarine in a pan and fry chestnuts. Season with cinnamon and add a little sugar.
- Shape with dough into strand about 6 cm long and 2 cm thick.
- Boil salted water to poach the pumpkin dough. They will float to the surface, cook for a further one minute.
- Drain and place in a bowl, pat them dry with paper towel and top with the nuts and powdered sugar to serve.