Skip to content
Double Mud Peppermint Brownies
Recipes - Baking
Double Mud Peppermint Brownies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- pure icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons full cream milk powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons peppermint essence
- 2 packages ORGRAN Chocolate Brownie Mix
- 4 eggs
- soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 1. Prepare a 30cm x 23cm x 5cm (12" x 10" x 2") slice tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base and sides of tray with baking paper.
- 2. Sift icing sugar and milk powder into a medium sized bowl.
- 3. Place Copha into a small saucepan. Melt over a low heat. Stir into sifted icing sugar mixture.
- 4. Pour in boiling water and peppermint essence and stir well to combine ingredients. Set aside while making brownie.
- 5. Put one packet brownie mix, 2 eggs and 150g (5oz) butter into a medium sized bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until ingredients are combined.
- 6. Spoon the chocolate brownie mixture into the prepared tray. Halve the icing sugar mixture. Spread over chocolate brownie mixture. Swirl to allow icing sugar mixture to be dispersed throughout chocolate brownie mixture.
- 7. Make up the remaining packet of brownie mixture, using 2 eggs and 150g (5oz) butter. Spread over brownie mixture in tray. Top with remaining icing sugar mixture. Swirl to allow icing sugar mixture to be dispersed throughout chocolate brownie mixture.
- 8. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 45 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 9. Leave in tray to cool.
- 10. Cut into slices for serving.