Recipe courtesy feelgoodfoodie.au
Recipes - Cooking
Delightful Feta Stuffed Meatballs - Orgran Health & Nutrition
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 6
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 kilogram beef mince (or vege mince, for vegan alternative)
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Crispi™ Corn Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 egg, whisked (or ORGRAN Vegan Easy Egg™, for vegan alternative)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- sea salt & ground pepper, to taste
- feta diced 18 x 2cm cubed pieces (or soy cheese, for vegan alternative)
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients (except the feta) and place in fridge for 15 mins to set.
- Preheat oven at 200C fan forced.
- Take meatball mixture and form into 18 meatballs (approx 6cm in diameter).
- With each ball that you make, slightly flatten it and place a piece of feta in the centre then cover with the mixture, enclosing the filling.
- Place meatball on a tray lined with baking paper. Generously spray each meatball with extra virgin olive oil spray and bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 mins.
- Serve as an appetiser or as part of a main meal with a side salad and baked potatoes.