Skip to content
Date & Hazelnut Muffins
Recipes - Baking
Date & Hazelnut Muffins - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- dairy free margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- dates, finely chopped
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 package ORGRAN Chocolate Muffin Mix
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 12-cup muffin trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Place margarine, honey and sugar into the large bowl of an electric food mixer. Beat well.
- 4. Gradually add egg and beat well after each addition.
- 5. Stir in hazelnuts, dates & lemon zest.
- 6. Sift muffin mix, flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 7. Three quarters fill each muffin cup in trays.
- 8. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 9. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.