Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Date Brownies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Butter or dairy free buttery spread
- 2 x eggs or equivalent egg replacer
- 1 cup pitted Fresh dates
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a lamington or slice/brownie pan and line it with baking paper. Set aside.
- Wash, deseed and chop your dates as much as you can until it’s almost mush.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat – add the dates. Remove from heat, and lightly whisk through the dates so they spread out in the mix.
- In a large bowl add Brownie mix, eggs or egg replacer, and hot water. Combine until smooth. Add the butter and dates. Whisk for another minute.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for around 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.