Skip to content
Date Biscotti Slice
Recipes - Baking
Date Biscotti Slice - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- diary free margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- finely chopped dates
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 x 150g packets Orgran Classic Choc Biscotti
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- Tips - No baking is required. It is best made the day before it is required and refrigerated overnight.
- 1. Prepare a 25cm x 20cm (10\" x 8\") slice tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 2. Place butter into a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Add sugar and dates. Microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds and stir. Microwave on medium-high for a further 1 minutes and stir. Microwave on medium-high for another minute and stir.
- 3. Allow mixture to cool for 15 minutes.
- 4. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- 5. Put about 1½ cups of biscotti into the bowl of an electric food processor or blender. Process until fine biscuits crumbs. Repeat until all the biscuits are made into fine crumbs.
- 6. Stir biscuit crumbs into date mixture. Mix well to thoroughly combine ingredients. Mixture should be moist.
- 7. Spread ¼ cup coconut over base of prepared tray.
- 8. Spread date biscotti mixture over base of tray.
- 9. Top with remaining ¼ cup coconut.
- 10. Place in refrigerator until firm.
- 11. Cut into small squares for serving.