Skip to content
Dark Chocolate Mud Cake
Recipes - Baking
Dark Chocolate Mud Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- softened butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour (105g)
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour (35g)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup black coffee, strong brewed
- butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup sifted cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon soft Philadelphia™ cream cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
- 2. Prepare a 20cm (7") round cake tin by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tin with baking paper.
- 3. Melt chocolate in a basin over hot water OR Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave on medium high for 30 second intervals and stir. Take care not to burn chocolate.
- 4. Stir in butter. Heat over a gentle heat until butter is melted. OR Stir in butter. Microwave on medium for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave on medium for 30 second intervals until butter is melted.
- 5. Add remaining ingredients to melted chocolate and mix well.
- 6. Spread into prepared tin.
- 7. Place into a moderate oven and cook for approximately 50-55 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- 8. When cooked remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- 9. When cold, ice with chocolate icing on top.
Chocolate Icing Method:
- 1. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 2. Spread over cake as desired.
- 3. Decorate with shaved chocolate as desired.