Skip to content
Curried Mince with Curried Scone Topping
Recipes - Cooking
Curried Mince with Curried Scone Topping - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Curried Mince Ingredients -
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped ginger
- lean minced beef
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN Falafel Mix
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground chillies
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- can tomato soup
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Curried Scone Topping Ingredients -
- 1 1/2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- Curried Mince Method -
- 1. Pour oil into a heavy-duty cook top casserole dish with a tightly fitting lid.
- 2. Add onion to casserole dish and increase heat. Brown onion. Add garlic and ginger and stir well. Reduce heat.
- 3. Add minced beef and cook over a gentle heat until meat is cooked.
- 4. Add ORGRAN falafel mix, coriander, chilli, paprika, cumin, turmeric and curry power and stir well.
- 5. Add sugar, lemon rind and juice.
- 6. Add tomato soup and peas and stir well.
- 7. Remove from heat while preparing Curried Scone Topping.
- Curried Scone Topping Method -
- 1. Sift ORGRAN flour and curry powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Rub butter into dry ingredients with the tips of the fingers until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. This process may be done by using an electric food processor.
- 2. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in milk. Use a kitchen knife to stir milk into dry ingredients. Stir from the centre to the outside and mix well. Mixture should be a firm consistency.
- 3. Return casserole dish to heat. Heat over a gentle heat.
- 4. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured board (gluten free) and knead lightly.
- 5. Gently pat dough out to 2.5cm (1\") thickness.
- 6. Cut out with a 4cm (1¼\'\') cutter dipped in gluten free flour, to make 12 scones.
- 7. Place onto Curried Mince in casserole dish, allowing space to spread.
- 8. Cover with lid and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9. Using 2 teaspoons carefully turn scones over and cook for a further
- 5 minutes or until cooked when tested.