Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Currant Slice - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Currant Slice Ingredients:
- 1 package ORGRAN Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup currants
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 3 eggs
- soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Lemon Icing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
Currant Slice Method:
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C ( 325°F).
- 2. Prepare a 28cm x 20cm (11” x 8”) slice tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Place cake mix, flour, currants, coconut and lemon rind into the bowl of an electric food blender or food processor. Process until currants are well chopped.
- 4. Add eggs, butter, golden syrup and vanilla. Process until ingredients are well combined. Mixture will be a moist consistency.
- 5. Spread mixture into prepared tray.
- 6. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes or until slice is cooked when tested.
- 7. While slice is cooking, make Lemon Icing.
- 8. When cooked remove slice from oven and leave in tray to cool.
- 9. Ice with Lemon Icing
Lemon Icing Method:
- 1. Place all the ingredients into a small bowl.
- 2. Mix well to combine ingredients. If necessary add a small amount of hot water and mix until a soft spreading consistency.