Skip to content
Recipes - Cooking
Crumbed Calamari - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Calamari Rings
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Lemon juice
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 egg beaten with milk (or 1 tsp ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- Salt and Pepper
- N All Purpose Rice Breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- 1. Season calamari rings with crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- 2. Coat first in ORGRAN flour.
- 3. Dip in egg and milk mixture, alternatively, prepare milk with ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer as per packet instructions.
- 4. Coat well with ORGRAN crumbs.
- (To double crumb for extra crispiness repeat steps 3 and 4 now)
- 5. Allow to set for 15 minutes, preferably in refrigerator.
- 6. Heat oil in deep pan 175ºC - 195ºC (350ºF - 385ºF) and quickly deep fry for about 1 minute until lightly browned (calamari becomes tough if overcooked).
- 7. Lift from oil and drain on paper.