Recipes - Breakfast
Crispy Herb Smashed Potatoes with a Lemony Gravy - Orgran
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Serves: 2
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 5 large potatoes or 10 small ones cooked in water until cooked through
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ORGRAN Gravy Mix
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix all the herbs, garlic and oil and set aside.
- Slice the large potatoes in half (leave the small ones whole) lay them with the sliced side on a baking tray lined with parchment and press down on each of them with the palm of your hand until smashed. Brush the potatoes with the herb oil and place the tray in the oven. Bake for about 15-20 minutes and flip the potatoes ever 5 minutes so both sides get crispy.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ORGRAN Gravy Mix by following the package directions (30 gr of gravy mix combined with cold 250 ml water), add a tsp of the herb oil and cook until it’s nice and creamy. Then add the lemon juice.
- Serve the crispy potatoes sprinkled with fresh herbs and a side of lemon gravy.