Skip to content
Creamy Potato Bake
Recipes - Cooking
Creamy Potato Bake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- potatoes (approx. 4 large potatoes)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- Philadelphia™ cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 2 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Rice Crumbs
- 1 cup grated Edam cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a medium-sized casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- 4. Pour vegetable stock and white wine into a large microwave-safe jug. Microwave on high until nearly boiling. Do not boil. Stir in garlic.
- 5. Put grated cheddar cheese into a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle ORGRAN flour throughout cheese. Sprinkle cheese into hot liquid.
- 6. Microwave sauce on medium-high for 1 minute and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-high for 1-minute intervals and stir until sauce thickens. Do not boil.
- 7. Put cream into hot liquid and stir until cream is mixed throughout liquid.
- 8. Stir in chopped mint, salt and pepper.
- 9. Place a layer of potato slices into base of prepared casserole dish. Pour in a small quantity of cheese sauce. Continue with layers of potato slices and cheese sauce, finishing with cheese sauce.
- 10. Sprinkle with ORGRAN rice crumbs, grated Edam cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 11. Place into a moderately-hot oven and cook for approx. 40 minutes or until potato is cooked.
- Sweet potato may be combined or substituted in this recipe.
- Other cheeses may be substituted for Edam, as desired.