Skip to content
Coffee Cake w/Medjool Dates
Recipes - Baking
Coffee Cake w/Medjool Dates - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- medjool dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- margarine, melted
- caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease and line a 20 cm loaf tin.
- Soak the dates in the coffee and bicarb soda for 15 minutes. Add the margarine, caster sugar, egg mix and orange zest.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice together and add to the wet ingredients. Stir well and pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a wire rack.