Skip to content
Coconut Custard Tart
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Coconut Custard Tart - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Coconut Shell Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer (+9 tablespoons of water)
- 3 tablespoons pure icing/powdered sugar (or sugar substitute)
- 9 -10 tablespoons coconut flour
- pinch vanilla seeds
- pinch salt
- oil spray (to grease the tart tins)
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1 tablespoon ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer (with a pinch of turmeric for a yellow pudding)
- 3 tablespoons pure icing/powdered sugar (or sugar substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavouring
- coconut butter (or margarine)
- strawberries (or other seasonal fruits)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1. In a bowl place the egg substitute, 9 tablespoons of water and the vanilla flavour. Mix with an electric mixer until it fluffs up. Gradually add the sugar until it is all combined.
- 2. Slowly begin to add the coconut flour until a dough is formed, it will be a soft dough.
- 3. Spray the molds with the oil and spread the mix into four tart tins with a diameter of 10 cm.
- 4. With your fingers, press around the edges and up the side of the tin.
- 5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for 20 minutes. Let the baked basket cool in the molds. When cooled, they become hard.
- 5. Now make the filling, take a small amount of the coconut milk and combine the flour and sugar into a smooth and thin paste. Make sure it is lump free.
- 6. In the remaining milk, whisk the egg and vanilla, then whisk in the flour and sugar paste and bring to the boil
- 7. Cook the pudding over low heat about two a minute, until it thickens. Stirring constantly, so it doesn’t curdle.
- 8. In the still warm pudding, stir thinly sliced margarine or butter to enrich the taste (or chocolate).
- 9. Let the cooked pudding cool in the fridge, covered.
- 10. Once cooled, fill the cases and sprinkle with a little coconut and top with fresh fruit.
- 11. Store the coconut basket with vanilla pudding separately in a refrigerator. They can last for up to 3 days.
- 12. After a few hours the coconut basket soften, so once made up they should be served within 4 hours.