Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Coconut Cakes - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or dairy-free margarine
- caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup moist coconut flakes
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups lite coconut milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper.
- 3. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- 4. Gradually add egg to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 5. Stir in coconut flakes.
- 6. Sift coconut flour, flour and baking powder into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- 7. Stir flour and coconut milk alternately into creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition. Mixture should be a firm consistency.
- 8. Place tablespoons of mixture onto prepared trays.
- 10. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes or until cooked when tested. It may be necessary to reduce heat during cooking to allow cakes to cook through without burning.
- 11. When cooked, remove from oven and leave on trays for 5 minutes before placing onto a fine wire rack to cool. Store in a covered container.