Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Coconut Anzacs - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cups Orgran All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup ORGRAN quinoa flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- dairy free margarine
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 flat oven trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of trays with baking paper.
- 3. Sift flour, amaranth flour, buckwheat flour and coconut flour into a large mixing bowl. Add quinoa flakes, chia seeds, sugar and coconut and mix well.
- 4. Place margarine into a small saucepan and melt over a gentle heat. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Place margarine into a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 40 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- 5. Mix bicarbonate of soda with boiling water and add to warmed liquid. Stir liquid into dry ingredients and mix well. Mixture should be a moist consistency.
- 6. Lightly dust hands with gluten free flour and roll portions of mixture into balls approx. the size of a walnut and place onto prepared trays. Use a fork dipped in gluten free flour to press flat.
- 7. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cooked.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave on trays for 2 minutes. Loosen biscuits and leave on trays to cool.
- 9. When cold, store biscuits in an airtight container.