Skip to content
Citrus Pumpkin Tart
Recipes - Baking
Citrus Pumpkin Tart - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten free custard mix
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 egg yolk
Citrus Pumpkin Filling Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- juice & zest of ½ a lemon
- juice & zest of ½ an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup cold mashed pumpkin
- This tart may be made a day ahead. The preparation time does not include the cooking of the pumpkin. You can make 1 large tart or small tarts as desired.
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C. 325°F.
- 2. Prepare a 20cm (8") fluted deep pie plate by spraying with cooking spray, or use 8cm small foil trays.
- 3. Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- 4. Sift flours, custard powder and cornflour into a small bowl. Stir into creamed mixture.
- 5. Pour cold water into a small measuring jug. Stir in egg yolk and mix well. Pour into bowl with creamed flour mixture. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- 6. If you are making small tart shells, turn dough out onto a lightly floured (gluten free) board and knead lightly. Divide pastry in half and securely wrap half the dough in plastic wrap.
- 7. Roll half the pastry to approx. 0.5cm ¼" thickness.
- 8. Using an 8cm fluted cutter dipped in gluten free flour cut out rounds of pastry, if making small tarts.
- 9. Carefully lift into individual foil trays.
- 10. Gently press pastry into each foil tray.
- 11. Place tart shells onto a flat oven tray to facilitate handling.
- 12. Repeat points 7 – 12 with remaining pastry.
- 13. If making one large tart, roll half the pastry to approx. 0.5cm thickness to fit pie plate. Carefully ease pastry into prepared pie plate. Do not have pastry too thin or the edges may burn while cooking.
Citrus Pumpkin Filling Method:
- 1. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric food blender or food processor and blend well.
- 2. Strain filling through a fine wire strainer.
- 3. Gently pour filling into pastry cases taking care not to overfill tart shells, or pour filling into one large tart shell.
- 4. Place into a moderate oven for approx. 20 minutes or until set in the centre and pastry is light golden brown.
- 5. When cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 6. Refrigerate until required.
- 7. Serve with fruit, whipped cream, ice-cream or custard, as desired.