Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Cinnamon Teacake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- softened butter
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Grease and line a 20cm (8”) cake pan.
- 3. Cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla essence, add egg gradually.
- 4. Fold into the sifted flour and milk, and mix until smooth.
- 5. Spoon into a cake tin and smooth the top of the mixture.
- 6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- 7. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes, turn onto a wire rack.
- 8. Using a pastry brush, spread melted butter over the top of the tea cake.
- 8. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the melted butter.