Skip to content
Christmas Lentil Loaf w/Gravy
Recipes - Cooking
Christmas Lentil Loaf w/Gravy - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1/2 cup ORGRAN Corn OR Rice Crispi Breadcrumbs
- brown button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cooked brown lentils
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 heaped tsp dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste
- 2 tablespoons vegan worcestershire sauce
- splash of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce (gf)
- 1/2 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 package ORGRAN Gravy Mix
- Start by preheating the oven to 200°C and baking the sweet potatoes, drizzled with a little olive oil, on a lined baking sheet for approx. 20 min. flipping them once.
- Meanwhile prepare the rest of the filling. Heat a pan on medium heat and add the olive oil, sliced mushrooms, shallots and garlic. Saute for 5-10 minutes or until they have a nice golden colour. Deglaze with the Worcestershire Sauce, set aside and let cool.
- Add all ingredients for the ketchup topping into a bowl and mix well. Set aside for later.
- Once the sweet potatoes are ready, add them as well as the cooked lentils into a mixer and pulse until coarse. Then add the mushroom, shallot and garlic , the tomato paste, Worcestershire Sauce and miso paste and pulse until well incorporated but not mushy. You still want some pieces of mushroom and lentils. Put the mixture into a bowl and add the bread crumbs, herbs and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Line a small loaf pan with parchment and add the loaf mixture into it. Even the top and spoon on the ketchup topping. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 mins.
- In the meantime prepare the gravy by following the package directions and seasoning with a little salt and pepper and a splash of lemon juice.
- Once baked, let the loaf cool a bit before slicing. Serve with creamy mashed potatoes, garlic green beans and loads of gravy.