Skip to content
Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
Recipes - Baking
Chocolate Zucchini Loaf - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or monounsaturated margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small zucchini (approx. 150g), cut into small pieces (You may substitute carrot for zucchini.)
- walnut pieces
- 1 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 package ORGRAN Chocolate Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 1. Use a 23cm x 15cm (9” x 6”) silicone loaf pan.
- 2. Place butter into a small microwave–safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- 3. Place butter, eggs, vanilla, zucchini, walnut pieces, yoghurt and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl of an electric food blender or food processor. Blend until ingredients are well combined.
- 4. Put cake mix into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour in liquid and stir until ingredients are well combined. This can be done using a metal or wooden spoon, or a hand-held electric mixer.
- 5. Pour mixture into silicone loaf pan.
- 6. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 50 minutes or until cooked when tested. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.