Skip to content
Chocolate Walnut Brownies
Recipes - Baking
Chocolate Walnut Brownies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- butter or salt reduced monounsaturated margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN Chocolate Muffin Mix
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 cups ORGRAN Itsy Bitsy Cocoa O’s
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare a 22cm x 18cm (9” x 7”) slice tray by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Line base and sides of tray with baking paper.
- 4. Place butter into a small microwave-safe bowl.
- 5. Microwave on high for 30 seconds and stir.
- 6. Microwave on medium-high for a further 30 seconds or until butter is melted.
- 7. Stir sugar, vanilla and eggs into melted butter.
- 8. Sift muffin mix, cocoa and baking powder and stir into butter and sugar mixture.
- 9. Place cocoa O’s into the bowl of an electric food processor or blender.
- 10. Process until fine crumbs.
- 11. Stir into mixture.
- 12. Stir walnuts into mixture.
- 13. Spread mixture into prepared tray.
- 14. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 35 minutes or until set in the centre.
- 15. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in the tray to cool.