Skip to content
Chocolate Raisin Muffins
Recipes - Baking
Chocolate Raisin Muffins - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 package ORGRAN Chocolate Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- soft butter or milk free margarine
- pure icing sugar, sifted to dust muffins
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare 2 x 12-cup muffin trays by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of cups with circles of baking paper.
- 3. Put raisins into a small microwave-safe bowl. Stir in boiling water, golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda. Cover with plastic warp. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool. When cool, pour into an electric food blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
- 4. Put muffin mix into the bowl of an electric food mixer.
- 5. Add egg, vanilla, butter and raisin liquid. Mix until ingredients are well combined.
- 6. Three quarters fill each muffin cup in tray.
- 7. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 20 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 8. When cooked, remove from oven and leave in trays for 5 minutes before turning out onto a fine wire rack to cool.
- 9. Just before serving, dust with sifted icing sugar.