Skip to content
Chocolate Orange Balls
Recipes - Baking
Chocolate Orange Balls - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Shortbread Heart Biscuits
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- dark chocolate melts
- 2 tablespoons thick cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1. Crush biscuits in a food processor or blender to make fine crumbs.
- 2. Prepare a flat oven tray by lining with baking paper.
- 3. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
- 4. Finely grate zest from orange.
- 5. After removing zest, peel very small, thin strips of remaining peel from orange.
- 6. Pour hot water into a small microwave-safe bowl. Stir in sugar. Microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds and stir. Add strips of peel.
- 7. Microwave on medium-high for 30 seconds and stir.
- 8. Continue to microwave on medium for 30-second intervals and stir until orange peel is glossy.
- 9. Drain peel and place peel onto prepared tray. Take care not to overlap small pieces of peel. Reserve syrup.
- 10. Place tray into a moderately-slow oven for approx. 10 minutes. Take care not to overcook or peel will be too hard.
- 11. Place chocolate melts into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-low for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave on medium-low for 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Take care not to overheat chocolate.
- 12. Stir in cream, Grand Marnier and remaining orange syrup.
- 13. Stir in biscuit crumbs.
- 14. Allow mixture to stand for approx. 10 minutes until it is firm to roll into balls.
- 15. Line a flat tray with baking paper.
- 16. Roll into balls approx. the size of a walnut. It can be helpful for rolling the balls to wear disposable gloves. This allows for easier rolling. Place balls onto baking paper on tray.
- 17. Press a small strip of orange peel into the top of each chocolate ball.
- 18. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- 19. Remove balls from the refrigerator approx. 1 hour before they are required as they will taste best at room temperature.