Skip to content
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Chocolate Cheesecake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 gram ORGRAN Outback Animals Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter, melted
- dark chocolate, finely chopped
- caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa poweder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 x 200g ctns sour cream
- cocoa powder, extra, to serve
- double cream, to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Brush a 18.5cm (base measurement) springform pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- 2. Place the biscuit, cinnamon and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan. Use a straight-sided glass to spread and spress mixture firmly over the base and side of the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- 3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) and stir for 5 minutes or until melted.
- 4. Use an electric beater to whisk together the sugar and eggs in a large bowl until light and creamy. Add the cream cheese and beat until well combined. Use a metal spoon to fold in the chocolate, cocoa powder and vanilla under just combined. Add the sour cream and stir to combine.
- 5. Por the mixture into the biscuit base and smooth the surface. Bake for 45 minutes and reduce to 150°C for 15 minutes. Let it cool down in room temperature. Cover and place in fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- *(Optional) Dust with extra cocoa powder, or add fruits on top and serve with cream.