Skip to content
Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Chocolate Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cocoa powder
- 160 millilitres milk
- unsalted butter or margarine (melted)
- caster sugar
- 3 eggs
Chocolate Icing Ingredients:
Chocolate Cake Method:
- 1. Preheat oven to 320°F. Grease round cake tins (20cm) and line the bas and sides with baking paper.
- 2. In the bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa.
- 3. Add milk, butter, sugar and eggs.
- 4. Beat with mixer in medium to high speed until pale and fluffy.
- 5. Scrape the mixture off the sides of the bowl into the centre.
- 6. Pour mixture into cake tin.
- 7. Bake the cake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until springy to touch.
- 8. Remove cakes from the oven and allow to cool.
Chocolate Icing Method:
- 1. Beat melted butter with mixer for 30 seconds or until it is creamed.
- 2. Add milk and vanilla extract then mix.
- 3. Add icing sugar and cocoa powder then mix until it is well combined.
- 4. Cut cooled chocolate cake into 3 layers.
- 5. Spread over icing in between layer, on top and side of cake.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!