Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Chocolate Brownies - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour (120g)
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- chopped butter
- chopped dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (20g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- pure icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F)
- Grease 20cm (8”) square tin with oil or melted butter.
- Line base with baking paper, extending over two opposite sides (to help you lift the brownies out).
- 1. Bring small pan of water to a simmer. Put butter and chocolate in heatproof bowl.
- 2. Place the bowl over the pan, but do not let the base of the bowl sit in the hot water. Stir occasionally until smooth.
- 3. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- 4. In a large bowl whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
- 5. Add melted chocolate mixture and whisk together.
- 6. Stir in the combined sifted flour and cocoa, taking care not to over beat.
- 7. Pour into the greased tin and bake for 40 minutes or until slightly risen and just firm.
- 8. Leave to cool in the tin (brownie will sink back down on cooling).
- 9. When cool, lift out and cut into squares.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve
- For nut brownies, add 1 cup of chopped roasted macadamias, walnuts, or pecans to the mixture.
- For white chocolate brownies, use white chocolate melts instead of the dark chocolate.
- For marshmallow brownies, add 1 cup of mini marshmallows to the raw mixture.
- To make a brownie ice-cream sandwich, cut brownies into small squares and sandwich two squares together with vanilla ice-cream.
- Serve with hot chocolate fudge sauce as a dessert.