Skip to content
Chicken & Bacon Balls
Recipes - Cooking
Chicken & Bacon Balls - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- lean bacon pieces
- 2 eggs (or 2 tsp ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- chicken mince
- 1/4 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Rice Breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, for rolling (approx. ⅔ cup)
- olive oil, for frying
- 1. Put bacon pieces into the bowl of an electric blender.
- 2. Break in eggs, or prepare ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer as per packet instructions.
- 3. Add honey, mustard, onion, mint and rosemary. finely chop to blend and mix ingredients. Pour into a medium-sized bowl.
- 4. Add chicken mince, ORGRAN rice breadcrumbs and salt and pepper. Mix well to combine ingredients.
- 5. Put ORGRAN flour into a small bowl.
- 6. Roll portions of mixture approx. the size of a golf ball in ORGRAN flour.
- 7. Heat oil in a frying pan.
- 8. Cook balls for approx. 7 minutes, turning in the oil to cook evenly. It is important to thoroughly cook chicken.