Skip to content
Cheese, Olive & Buttermilk Herb Bread
Recipes - Baking
Cheese, Olive and Buttermilk Herb Bread - ORGRAN Health & Nutrition
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Premium Bread Mix
- parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs (or ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, for vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- cheddar cheese, grated (vegan cheese, for vegan alternative)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease loaf tin (20cm x 10.5cm) with spray oil and line it with oiled baking paper or dust it with flour, then set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl with balloon whisk for 1 min.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in wet ingredients
- Stir together until they form a thick, sticky batter.
- Add sliced olives and grated cheddar cheese then stir them thoroughly.
- Scrape this into the prepared tin and smooth it our evenly. If you’re using the egg wash, brush it over the top then sprinkle sea salt onto the loaf.
- Proof bread in warm area (cover with tea towel) for 40 mins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave the loaf in the tin for 5 mins, then turn it out onto a wire rack, remove the paper and leave it cool.
- If you find you have leftover bread, wrap tightly and store it in the fridge for up to three to five days. When you want to use it, wrap it loosely in foil and heat it gently in toaster or 150°C/300°F oven.