Skip to content
Cashew Crusted Fish
Recipes - Cooking
Cashew Crusted Fish - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 small butternut pumpkin
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup ORGRAN All Purpose Rice Crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews (or try sunflower seeds or Supergrains)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- 2 eggs (or 2 tsp ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer)
- 2 tablespoons water
- ORGRAN All Purpose Plain Flour, for rolling (approx. ⅔ cup)
- 4 large or 8 small fillets of fish, of your choice
- oil for frying (quantity depends on size of pan used for frying)
- 1. Preheat oven to 170°C (350°F).
- 2. Prepare a large flat oven tray by spraying with cooking spray. Line base of tray with baking paper.
- 3. Peel pumpkin and cut into small dice. Arrange over base of baking tray. Drizzle pumpkin seed oil over pumpkin. Sprinkle with basil.
- 4. Place into a moderately-hot oven and bake for approx. 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
- 5. While pumpkin is cooking, prepare fish.
- 6. Put ORGRAN rice crumbs, cashews, parsley, dill, oregano, marjoram, lemon rind and pepper into the bowl of an electric blender or food processor. Process until ingredients are well combined.
- 7. Break eggs into a small bowl. Add water and lightly whisK, or prepare ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer as per packet instructions.
- 8. Put ORGRAN all-purpose plain flour into a small flat bowl.
- 9. Put crumb mixture into another flat bowl.
- 10. Dip each piece of fish into flour, egg and crumbs.
- 11. Pour oil into a large frying pan. Heat over a medium heat.
- 12. Add fillets to pan. Fry until fish is cooked and golden brown.
- 13. When cooked, remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- 14. Serve hot on a bed of roasted pumpkin, cashew nuts and lemon wedges.