Recipes - Baking, Desserts
Cashew Cream and Pear Galette - Orgran
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Total Time: 55m
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- ORGRAN Pastry Multimix
- rice flour
- olive oil
- 4 green pears, core removed, sliced
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- pinch of sea salt
- 1. To make the cashew cream, first soak the cashews in boiling water and allow them to sit for 20 mins. Drain. Then add them to a food processor and add the water, maple syrup, vanilla, spices and salt. Blitz them until smooth.
- 2. Prepare the dough by combining all ingredients. It forms a smooth dough that is not too sticky. Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and using a rolling pin flatten and roll out the dough to 7mm thick and forming a circle. (You can use rice flour between the dough and paper to stop the dough from sticking onto the baking paper if needed).
- 3. Spread out the cashew cream over the dough leaving a 4cm boarder around the outside edge. Now arrange the pear slices on top of the cashew cream, overlapping the slices.
- 4. Lift galette with the baking paper and place onto a baking tray.
- 5. Fold and pleat edges over the outer boarder of the filling. Sprinkle with some sugar of choice and place into a preheated oven 190C for 30 minute.
- 6. It is best served freshly baked, either warm or at room temperature. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream, fresh maple whipped cream or on its own. Enjoy x