1. To make the cashew cream, first soak the cashews in boiling water and allow them to sit for 20 mins. Drain. Then add them to a food processor and add the water, maple syrup, vanilla, spices and salt. Blitz them until smooth.
2. Prepare the dough by combining all ingredients. It forms a smooth dough that is not too sticky. Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and using a rolling pin flatten and roll out the dough to 7mm thick and forming a circle. (You can use rice flour between the dough and paper to stop the dough from sticking onto the baking paper if needed).
3. Spread out the cashew cream over the dough leaving a 4cm boarder around the outside edge. Now arrange the pear slices on top of the cashew cream, overlapping the slices.
4. Lift galette with the baking paper and place onto a baking tray.
5. Fold and pleat edges over the outer boarder of the filling. Sprinkle with some sugar of choice and place into a preheated oven 190C for 30 minute.
6. It is best served freshly baked, either warm or at room temperature. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream, fresh maple whipped cream or on its own. Enjoy x