Skip to content
Carrot & Hazelnut Cake
Recipes - Baking
Carrot & Hazelnut Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 package ORGRAN Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 package ORGRAN Apple & Cinnamon Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, sieved
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, ground
- grated carrot (approx. 2 carrots)
- 1 cup favoured dairy-free yoghurt, of your choice (eg orange & mango)
- 4 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- soft dairy-free margarine
- 1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- 2. Prepare a 20cm (8") round fluted cake tin by spraying with cooking spray.
- 3. Place cake mix, pancake mix, icing sugar, cinnamon, chopped hazelnuts, ground hazelnuts and grated carrot into the large bowl of an electric food mixer. Stir to combine ingredients.
- 4. Put yoghurt into a small bowl. Stir in egg, golden syrup, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla. Add to large mixing bowl. Add butter. Beat on a low speed until ingredients are well combined.
- 5. Spread cake mixture into prepared tin.
- 6. Place into a moderate oven and bake for approx. 45 minutes or until cooked in the centre when tested.
- 7. When cooked, remove from oven. Leave in tin for 15 minutes.
- 8. Turn out onto a fine wire rack to cool.