Skip to content
Recipes - Baking
Carrot Cake - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3/4 cup canola oil (190ml)
- 1 1/2 cups ORGRAN Self Raising Flour
- 2 cups firmly packed grated carrot
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3 teaspoons ORGRAN No Egg™ Egg Replacer, prepared as per packet instructions
- 1 cup walnuts, roasted and roughly chopped (optional
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 165ºC (330ºF)
- Grease 20cm cake tin.
- 1. Beat eggs and sugar using electric mixer until stiff.
- 2. Add oil and beat to combine well.
- 3. Stir in combined sifted flour, nutmeg, carrot and walnuts then mix gently to combine
- 4. Spoon batter into a prepared cake tin and use spatula to smooth top.
- 5. Sprinkle the top with raw sugar.
- 6. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until baked.
- 7. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.