Skip to content
Camembert Stuffed Beef Roll w/Caramelised Avocado
Recipes - Cooking
Camembert Stuffed Beef Roll w/Caramelised Avocado - Orgran
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Beef Rolls Ingredients:
- 6 scaloppini beef slices (approx. 100g each)
- kitchen string, for rolling up beef
- olive oil, for coating beef
- 3 tablespoons ORGRAN Vegetable Gravy Mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Caramelised Avocado Ingredients:
- 2 avocados (slightly firm avocados are best for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter (or low fat margarine)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Beef Rolls Method:
- 1. Cut camembert into 6 slices
- 2. Place beef slices between 2 sheets of baking paper. Using a meat mallet, pound beef until it is very thin. Do not pound too heavily and break beef.
- 3. Place a slice of camembert in the centre of each piece of beef. Roll up into a roll from the long side of the beef. Secure roll in place with kitchen string.
- 4. Brush rolls with olive oil.
- 5. Place vegetable gravy mix powder onto a flat plate. Roll beef rolls in gravy mix.
- 6. Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan. Heat oil over a gentle heat.
- 7. Place rolls into frying pan. Turn continuously to cook evenly on all sides. Do not overcook or cheese may start to run out of rolls.
- 8. Remove kitchen string from beef rolls. Wrap rolls in foil to keep warm while making Caramelised Avocado.
Caramelised Avocado Method:
- 1. Peel and finely dice avocado.
- 2. Pour lemon juice over avocado and lightly toss.
- 3. Put butter (or low fat margarine) into frying pan the beef was cooked in. Melt butter over a gentle heat.
- 4. Add brown sugar to pan. Stir until sugar is mixed into melted butter. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 5. Add avocado to pan. Cook over a gentle heat until sauce is carmelised, taking care not to break up avocado cubes.
- 6. Serve Carmelised Avocado with Camembert Stuffed Beef Rolls.